The application period for this committee has closed. To stay up-to-date about this and other opportunities to get involved in disability-related issues, subscribe to TCDD eNews.
The Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) is seeking applicants to serve on the Medicaid Managed Care Advisory Committee. This is an opportunity for people with disabilities, family members of people with disabilities, and other stakeholders to contribute to improving the quality of Medicaid managed care services in Texas.
The Medicaid Managed Care Advisory Committee addresses issues and provides recommendations and ongoing input to HHSC on the statewide implementation and operation of Medicaid managed care. The committee also helps HHSC with policies related to Medicaid managed care and serves as the central source for stakeholder input on the implementation and operation of Medicaid managed care.
The committee meets every three or four months in Austin and committee members are appointed to serve a two-year term. A committee member who receives Medicaid services or is a family member of a person who receives Medicaid services may be repaid for travel expenses.
HHSC is seeking applications from the following representatives:
- People with disabilities, including people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, who receive Medicaid managed care services
- Parents of a child who receives Medicaid managed care services
- Older adults who receive Medicaid managed care services
- People who receive Medicaid managed care services and also receive mental health services
- Advocates for children with special health care needs
- Various types of providers
The list above is not complete and HHSC is seeking applications from other representatives, too.
For more information about the committee, visit the HHSC website.